Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy 100th Birthday to Enzo Petito

Vincenzo Squatriti was born in Naples, Italy on February 19, 1911. He began his acting career in the theater with Eduardo De Filippo. Although never a major film actor he did appear in a number of small character roles in the 1960s as Enzo Petito. His most remembered role was as the gunshop owner in the “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” (1966). Apparently Enzo moved to Spain and became a naturalized citizen of Spain. I can find no report of his death so today we celebrate Enzo Petito’s 100th birthday.

6 comments:

  1. Biltmore: I think the Imdb is wrong. I believe he was born in Naples. Thats where he grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enzo Petito is dead. He died exactly one year after the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was released. I don't know the death date myself but I would assume it was either July 5th or July 30th since that was when news of his death spread. If you find out anymore about him, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete